The arrival of the H-Series isn’t the only big news for Emerald’s 2020 model year. It also marks our sixth-year building on the Prevost X3-45, continuing a tradition that began with the founding of Emerald in 2014.
There’s no question that our decision to focus our first efforts on the X3 chassis is what put Emerald on the map. It quickly became known as the Emerald “X-Factor” – a point of difference that immediately distinguished the drivability and economy of our coaches from the rest of the Prevost field.
Of course, the X3 also proved to be the ideal foundation for the evolution of Emerald’s totally unique approach to motorcoach design, one that melds advanced technonology with operational simplicity, luxurious styling with practical functionality, superior workmanship with competitive pricing.
But the fact is, the X3-45 has been a popular conversion platform for years, and for good reason. Professional drivers relish its comfortable drivability and superior ride, while RV designers love its versatility, exceptional interior headroom and low overall height. Consider just a few of its many benefits:
• Independent suspension and low center of gravity for excellent drivability
• 334.5” wheelbase – longest in the industry – for an incomparably smooth ride
• Prevost Electronic Stability Program for optimal control in adverse conditions
• Class-leading interior headroom
• Lowest overall height in its class for easier access to low-clearance locations
• 30” entry door width with fewer and lower steps than competitive coaches
• Volvo D13 engine and Allison 4000MH Series transmission – the industry’s benchmark powertrain
• Exclusive Volvo SCR system to exceed new EPA NOx emission standards
Add in the cost factor – the X3’s base price is significantly less than that of the H3 – and it’s easy to see why Emerald remains strongly committed to the X3-45 today and tomorrow. For value, performance and versatility, no other platform comes close.
Emerald’s X3-45 coaches are offered exclusively through Liberty Coach of Florida in Stuart, Florida (LibertyCoach.com) and TransWest RV in Frederick, Colorado (Transwest.com). Contact them directly for information on current inventory and to arrange a test drive.